Monday, July 18, 2011

Reaching Out

Words are powerful, and every now and then you come across a prose, a song or a book that makes you understand their power even more. Recently a lot has been on my mind, and it has been difficult to find a common theme to bring these myriad thoughts together to form something readable. I begin to write and then I drift away in my thoughts. On many occasions I have found the 'outside world' more engrossing. Not to mention that these days most of my 'thinking' is done while running. I have been shying away from the effort a little too, or maybe its too many diverse themes to my thoughts, but I have stayed away from this web space. And then recently I read Haruki Murakami's book and the words resonated with me in many different ways...

... No matter how much I write, I never reach a conclusion. And no matter how much I rewrite, I never reach the destination ...

Unable to find a worthy subject to dedicate myself to.

2 comments:

cinephile said...

Hi Nalini! Your blog (Your thoughts and words) is beautiful! Thanks for posting. Please paint the thoughts
currently on your mind on the canvas of your blog. Hoping that you soon find a way to bring all your diverse thoughts in a single post. BTW, which book by Murakami are you reading, currently?

Nalini said...

Hi cinephile,
I was reading What I talk about when I talk about running I enjoy running and it was way to see how Murakami ties his work habits with running.

I hope to write soon too.